BASIC PROFILE OF THE VISIONEER
DR. KONOTEY AHULU is a distinguished ordained Pastor, Theologian, Psychosocial & Marriage/Family Counselling Consultant and Philosopher of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Since September 2008 to date he has trained thousands of Professional/Certified Counsellors in Psychosocial Counselling, Marriage & Family Counselling, Theology and Leadership from the following sectors; Department of Social Welfare, Commission on Human Rights & Administrative Justice, Domestic Violence & Victims Support Unit, National Commission of Civic Education, Ghana Police Service, Ghana Prisons Service, Ghana Health Service, Ghana Education Service, Traditional Council, Judicial Service, Ghana National Fire Service, National Disaster Management Organisation, Clergy/Religious bodies, Metro/District Assemblies, University Lecturers, College of Education Lecturers, SHS tutors, NGO/CSOs, Medical Practitioners etc. He also trained thousands of Lay Counsellors from the Clergy and Public/Private Sectors both in his country and outside. His counselling, teaching and preaching are divinely Prophetic and Apostolic as a reformer of our generation which sent him to other nations to minister/teach.
PUBLICATION: Konotey did not start media programmes yet, but he was called many times to add his knowledge on the causes, effects and possible solutions on Psychosocial and Marital issues confronting the nation and Africa on TV and radio stations . His contributions to national development in press media were as follows:
- Hospitals urged to setup Counsellors’ offices, Daily Graphic, Friday December 3, 2010, Page 22.
- Counselling services relevant to good health, Daily Graphic, Thursday May 3, 2012
- AAPMAC holds workshop at Odumase Krobo. Daily Graphic, Thursday, July 19, 2012, page 22
- African Association of Psychosocial & Marriage Counsellors holds National Launch. Flex Newspaper, issue 201, 4th – 10th July, 2012, Page 3 etc.
- AAPMAC opens branch in Tema, http://thechronicle.gh/? P45905
- “Let’s train professional counsellors, Daily Graphic, Wednesday, April 16th 2014, Page 60
- 242 Counsellors licensed to practice in Ghana and Nigeria. Daily Ghraphic, Wednesday, March 18, 2015, Page 47
- "Take Full Responsibility of Upbringing of All Children", Parent Avised
The Daily Graphic, Page 13 By Gender Desk: Friday, February 26 2016
PRESENTATION: Konotey Ahulu is the first person to start a School of Counselling globally. Even though people received counselling disciplines from universities, with regard to School of Counselling, this is the first of its kind. He is also the first person to introduce Psychosocial Counselling as discipline for professional counsellors in certification globally and Marriage &Family Counselling in Africa. By the grace of the ALMIGHTY GOD, he is the first person to licensed professional counsellors in Ghana, and in Africa by his nation’s empowerment.
Most importantly, he is the Founder/Executive Director of
- Akona School of Counselling Ghana, a contemporary Counselling Institution with Counselling, Theology, Leadership and Organisational Development.
- African Association of Psychosocial & Marriage Counsellors (1st & leading African gazetted& recognized organization for practising Counsellors, Psychologists, Sociologists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Consultants) in collaboration with Registrar General’s Department, University of Education, Winneba, Volta River Authority, Regent University College of Science and Technology, Ministry of Children, Gender & Social Protection, Labour Department, National Vocational Training Institute, National Youth Authority, Accra Polytechnic, Ghana Institute of Languages, Ghana Publishing Company Limited, Addictive Diseases Unit, Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital(KBTH), Ministry of Employment & Social Welfare, Commission on Human Rights & Administrative Justice(CHRAJ), District Assemblies, Psychiatric Hospital, Pantang Hospital, Ghana Ports and Habour Authority, Tema etc.
PROJECT WORK: Since 2004, Konotey undertook a project work in Psychosocial & Marital Issues at Atua District Government Hospital, Yilo Krobo Integrated Youth Friendly Service Centre/Clinic, and Accra etc. This was sponsored by Yilo Krobo District Assembly, Somanya (2004). He used unemployed, employed, mental health diseases, STIs/HIV/AIDS and other clients for his case study. This project has proved his authority in Social Psychology as a Vision Carrier, Counsellor, Trainer and Consultant.
WORK EXPERIENCE: He was a Science and Social Studies Tutor, School Chaplain and School Counsellor in King David Commercial College (SHS) at Odumase-Krobo for 7 years, NGOs Executive Officer, Accountant, Counsellor and Workshops Facilitator for 3 years, Adonai International School Head for 3 years, Community Clinic Counsellor for 1 year, Bible Training School Lecturer and Administrator for 4 years in Eastern Region and Greater Accra Region respectively. He resigned in 2008 to take up the Counselling Ministry Full-time with Spouse HER EXCELLENCY VIDA TETTEKIE KONOTEY to date.
MINISTRY EXPERIENCE: Konotey was a Bible Training School Lecturer & Administrator for 4 years. He was also a Youth Ministry Leader, Witness Movement Leader, Prayer Leader, Building Committee Chairman, Church Secretary, Financial Secretary, District Children’s Ministry Leader, Counsellors’ Leader, Librarian and Presiding with the Church of Pentecost in Eastern Region , Lower Manya-Krobo and Fanteakwa Districts from 1989 - 2007 respectively. He also assisted Ministers, Ministries and Denominations in Strategic Planning, Missions, Ministry Development, Mentoring and Pastoring in Ghana and Abroad.
RESIDENCE: He lives with his family (wife and children) in Accra, Ghana